Temperature Screening Policy: Acknowledgment & Agreement
- All staff, students, and visitors/volunteers will have their temperature checked upon entry to the school campus.
- All students will have their temperature (temporal) checked daily by trained/designated staff upon entry into campus morning carpool drop-off and as needed during the school day.
- Visible Temperature Checkpoint Signage will be placed on school exterior front doors.
- Designated and trained staff members will take temperatures (temporal) of staff, students, and visitors/volunteers and report any signs and symptoms of fever to school leadership immediately; Temperature reading of 100.0 F or higher.
- Parents/guardians are not allowed to leave the morning carpool (please remain in car) until they receive notification (verbal or nonverbal) from a KnILE staff member indicating a temperature reading within the normal limits and the child is cleared to enter.
- If a student has a temperature reading of 100.0 F or higher, the student will need to stay home and proceed with remote learning at home.
- If a student has a temperature of 100.0 F or higher, he or she can return to school when he or she is 48 hours fever free without the use of fever reducing medications (i.e. Tylenol, Motrin, Advil) AND the student must be cleared by a healthcare provider before returning to school.
- Temperature will not be taken within 30 minutes of exercising or after taking medications that could lower temperature, like acetaminophen. Parents/Guardians should refrain from giving their child fever reducing medication before morning carpool. If medication is to be given, medication can be kept at school for the student upon completion of the Medication Permission Form.
- Temperature will be taken as needed if signs and symptoms develop during the school day.
- If a student is out sick for 3 or more days, a physician’s note is required to return to school.
Student & Staff Face Covering Policy: Acknowledgment & Agreement
- Face Coverings will be required to be worn on campus for the following reasons:
○ All students will be required to wear a face covering at all times while on campus
■ Exceptions: when eating or drinking, when outside and following social distancing protocols
■ Elementary students will be encouraged to wear a face covering, but are not required.
■ However, if the student is using the face covering inappropriately and it becomes a distraction in the class, the student may be asked to remove the face covering or asked to wear a different form of facial protection or sent home. Due to the imminent danger of contagious illnesses, we will NOT allow nor tolerate mishandling of any PPE, including masks. If a student is mishandling his or her face mask, he or she will be removed from the classroom and the parent/guardian will be notified. A second infraction against this policy will result in the student being dismissed from campus for the day.